Stacker allows you to share your apps confidently with users as guests, meaning you can give access to clients, external partners and customers. You can add guests to your apps either directly - by entering their email address - or via connecting a user table from your data source.
Add users manually
You can add someone directly to your app via the app sharing settings - the 'Users' modal.
- Click select user or enter email address.
- Invite a user by entering their email address in the input box.
- Click Invite.
After you click invite, an invitation email is sent instantly to the invited person.
You can remove a user added manually from your app by pressing on the '...' next to their name in the 'Users' modal and selecting 'Remove from app'.
Note: You will not be able to add users manually after connecting a user table (see below) - you must add them to the user table in your data source to add them to the app.
Connect a user table
You can nominate a table in your data source to import users from via the app sharing settings - the 'Users' modal.
- Click the Choose table button at the bottom of the window.
- Click on Select table and choose the table that contains the list of users you'd like to import.
- Click on Select field and choose the field that contains the email addresses of your users.
- Select Manual or Automatic.
Manual lets you manually select the users you'd like to import from the list.
Automatic allows you to import the complete list of users, or a filtered list of users without the need for manual selection.
- Check the list of users that appears below Who Can Access. Only the users in this list and your app administrators will be able to access your app.
- Finally, click Connect.
To remove a user added via a user table from your app:
- In Manual mode - click on the gear icon to open up the user table settings, then toggle off the access for the user you want to remove.
- In Automatic mode - click on the gear icon to open up the user table settings, then apply a filter to remove access for the user you want to delete. You could alternatively delete the record from the user table in your data source, if appropriate.
Note: If you connect a user table on Manual mode, any users that were already added manually (incl. any collaborators) will be added as new records in the table nominated in your data source. If you connect a user table on Automatic mode, any users that were already added manually (incl. any collaborators) will be removed and you will need to add them as new records in the table in your data source in order to grant access.