Stacker lets you share your apps confidently with users. You can give access to clients, external partners and customers. You can add guests to your apps either directly—by entering their email address—or by connecting a user table from your data source.
Add users manually
Add someone directly to your app via the the Manage users pane.
- Click select user or enter email address.
- Invite a user by entering their email address in the input box.
- Click Invite.
After you click invite, we will send the user an invitation email
You can remove a user from your app by pressing on the '...' next to their name and clicking Remove from app.
You will not be able to add users manually after connecting a user table (see below)—you must add them to the User table in your data source to add them to the app.
Connect a user table
You can select a table in your data source to use as a User's table. You can do that from the Manage users pane
- Click the Choose table button at the bottom of the pane.
- Click Select table and choose the table that contains the list of users.
- Click Select field and choose the field that contains the email addresses of your users.
- Select Manual or Automatic.
Manual lets you manually select the users you'd like to import from the list.
Automatic allows you to import the complete list of users, or filter a list of users without the need for manual selection.
- Check the list of users that appears in the Who Can Access section. Only the users in this list and your app administrators will be able to access your app.
- Finally, click Connect.
To remove a user added via a user table from your app:
- In Manual mode - click the gear icon to open up the user table settings, then toggle off the access for the user you want to remove.
- In Automatic mode - click the gear icon to open up the user table settings, then apply a filter to remove access for the user you want to delete. Alternatively, you can delete the record from the user table in your data source.
If you connect a user table on Manual mode, any users that were already added manually (incl. any collaborators) will be added as new records in the table you selected in your data source. If you connect a user table on Automatic mode, any users that were already added manually (incl. any collaborators) will be removed and you will need to add them as new records in the table in your data source in order to grant access.