Who can use this feature?
👤 Available on all plans.
Connect Google Sheets into Stacker and use it to power your apps.
Supported worksheet format
Before connecting your Google Sheet to Stacker, you should check that it is suitably formatted.
- Column headings are in Row 1
- The first column is in Column A
- The first data row starts in Row 2
Remove additional content in the header or side of your Worksheet.
Stacker doesn't currently support merged cells. If you have merged cells in your Worksheets remove them before continuing.
An example of a correctly formatted sheet shown below.
Note: All the worksheets (tabs) in your Google Sheet will be imported. You can choose to turn some off later.
Connecting to your sheet
Once your data is formatted, there are two ways to connect your Google sheets, either create a new app, or choose to add a new data connection to an existing app.
Create new app to connect your Google sheets
- Click + in your workspace to add a new app
- Once the app is created click App Settings
- Select Google sheets as a data source
- Name your connection - We recommend you give your data connection the same name as the Sheet you're connecting to
- Click Proceed
- login to your Google account and select 'Allow' to grant Stacker access to your Sheets
- Click Select Sheet button and choose the sheet you would like to connect to.
You'll notice that a new column has been added into your Google Sheet called '🔒 Stacker ID'. This ID allows Stacker to communicate with your Google Sheet and shouldn't be deleted or edited.
Once you've imported your data you need to avoid moving the data in the cells around as this will break the connection with your Stacker app. If you need to add new columns, or reorder your existing columns, you'll need to do this by inserting columns, or dragging your existing columns.
|Importing data: Airtable||Importing data: Intercom|
|Importing data: Stripe|