Who can use this feature?
👤 Available on all plans.
Connect Google Sheets into Stacker and use it to power your apps.
Format your Google Sheet
Before connecting your Google Sheet to Stacker, you should check that it is suitably formatted.
- The first column is in Column A
- Column headings are in Row 1
- The first data row starts in Row 2
- Remove additional content in the header or side of your Worksheet.
- Stacker doesn't currently support merged cells, remove them these columns before continuing.
- Dates are not supported and will show as short text fields.
An example of a correctly formatted sheet shown below:
Note: All the worksheets (tabs) in your Google Sheet will be imported. You can choose to turn some off later.
Connecting to your sheet
Once your data is formatted, you can add Google Sheets as a data connection.
Connect your Google sheets data source
- Go to App Settings
- Go to Data Sources
- Click Add in the Google Sheets box
- Name your connection
- Click Proceed
- Login to your Google account and select 'Allow' to grant Stacker access to your Sheets
- Click Select Sheet button and choose the sheet you would like to connect to
You'll notice that a new column has been added into your Google Sheet called '🔒 Stacker ID'. This ID allows Stacker to communicate with your Google Sheet and shouldn't be deleted or edited.
Once you've imported your data you need to avoid moving the data in the cells around as this will break the connection with your Stacker app. If you need to add new columns, or reorder your existing columns, you'll need to do this by inserting columns, or dragging your existing columns.
- You cannot use the same Google Sheets connector in two places.
- Check the formatting of your Google Sheet.
|Importing data: Airtable||Importing data: Intercom|
|Importing data: Stripe|