Who can use this feature?
👤 Available on All plans
Create links between tables, to enable you to share data across tables and datasources.
Create Links in Airtable base
- Click Manage fields and data
- Go to the table you would like to set the link.
This will open the Fields Settings for your table.
- Click Fields.
- Click Add field and select Automatic Link.
- Enter a field name (we suggest choosing a name that accurately reflects the information the data is linking, e.g. 'Link to Client')
- Select a table you want to create the link to.
- Select which fields you want to link. Please note: in order for the linking to work, the values in those fields must match exactly.
- Select the relationship type.
- Once saved, you will see the new field in the field list. The link is also visible in the table you've linked to - though it is not editable from this side.
In our Property app, we have created a link between our Sales table and our Team table. We want to assign each team member to sales.
We can now select names from the Team table to link to our Sales table.
You can use this to link between different Airtable bases or even different data sources. In order for the linking to work, the values in those fields must match exactly.
To delete the field, click on the field this should show the setup where you can press the delete button