Stacker allows you to embed almost anything into a record detail page - from YouTube videos to Google Maps and Airtable bases.
When editing the layout of your record detail page, you have the option to add embed widgets. These allow you to embed external content in your app.
How to add an embed to your Stacker app
To add an embed to your Stacker app, head to 'Edit layout' in a detail page and pull in an Embed widget. From there you can choose to either embed from a URL, or from a Field.
Here's a quick guide to some of the features you might like to embed in your app:
How to embed from Airtable
To embed a grid view from Airtable you need to get a shareable link, as follows. Please note: this is different from the URL of your Airtable base.
- Go to the top of your Airtable base and click on 'Share View'.
- Select 'Create a shareable grid view link'
- This will open the private links page where you can choose to embed.
- You only need the url link i.e. the URL inside the " ".
- Now you can either copy this link into your Stacker app, or into a url field in the table where you want the embed to appear. Your grid view from Airtable will then appear in your Stacker app.
How to embed from YouTube
How to embed Google Maps
How to embed from Vimeo
How to embed Google Drive Videos
To embed a video from Google Drive, you need to generate a preview link.
If you have the file ID in a column in your Airtable called Video ID, you can use the following formula to create the preview link:
You can then use this field in an embed block on your detail pages for the video to appear in your app.
Remember you can set the height of your videos in the same section where you select the field.