Who can use this feature?
Permissions let you control what your users can see, and how they can interact with data in your apps. You can use permissions to:
- Limit which pages the users can access
- Limit which records a user can read, edit, create or delete
- Limit which fields a user can read, edit, or create
- Click on Manage fields and data
- Select the table you want to set permissions on
- Click Permissions
- Click the pencil icon to edit
How do Permissions work?
By default, all users can read, update, and create new records. Permissions are set in each app on the table.
Permissions can be set based on the following:
- The user’s role
- The content of the record
- Whether the user is linked to the record
Admin users have access to all records regardless of the permission settings.
In our Property app, we have a Clients table, we only want team members to see records from clients that they are linked to.
In the permissions for the Client table, we set this so that the record -> Team matches the user's Team profile.
This is taken from the linked field, in this case from our Airtable base.
Once the permissions are set up, you can preview as a user to see that the permission has been applied correctly.
From our example, we can see that when previewing as team member Lidia, we only show clients that Lidia is linked to.
|Table Permissions||Set up User Roles|
|Configure a Permission rule|