Who can use this feature?
👤 Record Permission available on all plans. Advanced Permissions and User Roles are available on the Pro plan and above.
Permissions let you control what your users can see, and how they can interact with data in your apps. You can use permissions to:
- Limit which pages the users can access
- Limit which records a user can read, edit, create or delete
- Click on the table you would like to set permissions on
- Click on Manage fields and data
- Click Permissions
- Click pencil icon to edit
How do Permissions work?
By default, all users will be able to see, update, and create new records. If you would like to restrict access, you can set different permissions for each app, table and field.
You can grant permissions based on:
- The user’s role. For example, manager or user.
- The content of the record. For example, the record status.
- Whether the user is linked to the record.
Admin users have access to all records regardless of the permission settings.
In our Property app, we have a Clients table, we only want team members to see records from clients that they are linked to.
In the permissions for the Client table, we set this so that the record -> Team matches the user's Team profile.
This is taken from the linked field, in this case from our Airtable base.
Once the permissions are set up, you can preview as a user to see that this has been applied correctly.
From our example, we can see that when previewing as team member Lidia, we only get clients that Lidia is linked to show.
|Table Permissions||Set up User Roles|
|Configure a Permission rule|