Skip to main content
Creating multi step form
Who can use this feature?
👤 Available on all plans.
Multi-step forms are a great way to set up your form so that users will only see and fill out information that is relevant to them, without having a long form to look through.
Prepare your data table
We will be creating a multi-step create form on our Property app. We will use a dropdown field, with two options, the status chosen by the user will determine what they see in the rest of the form.
You will need a dropdown field with two options added into your table, for our example, "For Sale" and "To Lease" are added to our Property table.
Edit the create form
- Click the Manage fields and data
- Go to table
- Click Layout
- Select Customize your create layout
- Delete the default field container
Add field widgets
- Click on the field widget
- Toggle on the Multi-select field
- Add 2 more field widgets
There should now be 3 different field widgets in the form: The first with the multi-select field and one field widget for the results of each drop-down option.
The form should look something like this.
Set visibility filters
- Click to highlight the Sale information widget
- In Edit layout click Set conditional visibility
- Select the field. In this example, it will be the "For Sale/To Let?" field
- Select "For Sale" as the option
- Repeat this with the Lease information field widget
Now when users select either "For Sale" or "To Lease" in the first field container, they will only be shown the relevant field container.
What is Stacker and what can you build with Stacker?
Building your App
Editing layouts, customizing navigation
Users & Permissions
How users work and how to set up permissions
What's new in Stacker
Tell us what you would like us to build next
Solutions to the most common issues
permissions, users, editing layouts