Who can use this feature?
👤 Available on all plans.
- What is a multi step create form
- Setting up Airtable base
- Editing the create form
- Add in field containers
- Setting visibility filters
What is a multi step create form
The multi step create form will let you ask relevant follow on questions, showing users different sections of the form to fill in, according to their previous answer.
Setting up Airtable base
We will be creating a multi step create form on our Property app.
You will need a dropdown field with two options, "For Sale" and "To Lease" added into a property table.
Editing the create form
- Click the Add New button on the table you want to edit the create form
- Click Edit Layout
- Toggle off "Use fields from detail view"
- Delete the default field container, we will be creating our own
Add in field containers
- Drag over the first field container until a red rectangle appears
- Drop the container onto the layout
- Toggle on the For Sale/To Lease field
- Add in a title
Drag in 2 more field containers for the "To Let" and "For Sale" section. There should now be 3 different field containers in the form.
The form should look something like this.
Setting visibility filters
- Click to highlight the Sale information container
- In Edit layout click "set conditional visibility"
- Select the field, in this example it will be the "For Sale/To Let" field
- Select "For Sale" as the option
- Repeat this with the Lease information field container
Now when users select either "For Sale" or "To Lease" in the first field container, they will only be shown the relevant field container.
This is a great way to set up your form so that users will only see and fill out information that is relevant to them, without having a long form to look through.
|Creating a Home Page|